Blog - Don't wait so long! Get seen now!
Haemorrhoids, also known as piles, are a common condition that affects a significant number of people in the UK. Despite the availability of several treatment options, many people in the UK wait too long before seeking treatment. In this blog, we'll explore some of the reasons why people in the UK delay seeking treatment for haemorrhoids and why The Rafaelo Procedure is the best option for them.
Why do people in the UK wait so long before seeking treatment for haemorrhoids?
- Embarrassment: Many people feel embarrassed about discussing their haemorrhoids with their doctor. They may feel uncomfortable discussing such a personal and intimate issue with a stranger, even if that person is a healthcare professional.
- Misunderstandings: There are many misconceptions about haemorrhoids, including the belief that they are a sign of poor hygiene or that they are a sexually transmitted disease. These misunderstandings can cause people to delay seeking treatment out of shame or fear of being judged.
- Fear of surgery: Some people delay seeking treatment for haemorrhoids because they are afraid of undergoing surgery. They may have heard stories of painful procedures and lengthy recovery times and are hesitant to undergo such a procedure.
- Belief that hemorrhoids will go away on their own: Some people believe that their haemorrhoids will go away on their own without treatment. While this may be true in some cases, untreated haemorrhoids can become more severe and cause more discomfort and pain over time.
Why is the Rafaelo Procedure often the best option?
The Rafaelo Procedure is a minimally invasive treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to shrink the haemorrhoid. It offers several advantages over traditional surgical options, making it the best option for people in the UK.
- Minimally invasive: The Rafaelo Procedure is a minimally invasive treatment that does not require any incisions. This means that there is less pain, scarring, and downtime compared to traditional surgical options.
- Quick recovery: Patients typically experience minimal discomfort after the procedure and can resume their daily activities within a few days.
- High success rates: The Rafaelo Procedure has been shown to have a high success rate in treating haemorrhoids, with studies reporting success rates of up to 90%.
- Reduced risk of complications: The Rafaelo Procedure carries a lower risk of complications compared to traditional surgical options, such as bleeding and infection.
- Long-lasting results: The Rafaelo Procedure is designed to treat the underlying cause of the haemorrhoid, which means that the results are long-lasting and patients are less likely to experience a recurrence.
- NHS approved: The Rafaelo Procedure is an NHS-approved treatment option for haemorrhoids, meaning that it is a safe and effective treatment option that is covered by the NHS.
- Cost-effective: The Rafaelo Procedure is a cost-effective option for treating haemorrhoids, as it reduces the need for hospitalization and follow-up appointments.
Haemorrhoids are a common condition that affects many people in the UK. However, many people delay seeking treatment due to embarrassment, misunderstandings, fear of surgery, or the belief that haemorrhoids will go away on their own. The Rafaelo Procedure is a minimally invasive and effective treatment option for haemorrhoids that offers several advantages over traditional surgical options. It is an NHS-approved treatment that is cost-effective and offers long-lasting results. If you're struggling with haemorrhoids, it's important to speak to your doctor about the best treatment option for you. The Rafaelo Procedure may be the best option for you if you're looking for a safe, effective, and minimally invasive treatment option for your haemorrhoids.
Date posted - 24 April 2023
Author - The Rafaelo Team
Please complete the form below with your request and one of our team will be in touch.